Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pecan-Crusted Chicken

From The Biggest Loser Cookbook



Ingredients:
1 large egg white
2 tbsp minced toasted pecans
1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp salt
2 small (1/4-pound) boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a small nonstick baking sheet with olive oil spray.

In a small, shallow bowl, beat the egg white with a fork.

In a small bowl, combine the pecans, parsley, and salt. Spread half of the mixture on a sheet of waxed paper. Dip 1 chicken breast into the egg white to coat. Place the smooth side of the breast on the nut mixture. Press to adhere. Place the breast, nut side up, on the prepare baking sheet. Repeat with the second breast and place on the baking sheet, not touching the other breast.

Bake for 20 minutes or until no longer pink. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Comments:
There they go with that olive oil mist thing. *sigh* I used parchment paper on the baking sheet. Worked fine. I also butterflied the breasts to make them thinner, coated both sides with the nuts. I'm a rebel.

This was pretty good. I think I'd try and get the nuts finer next time. I put them in my off-brand "Slap-Chop" and didn't really go to town on them. It might just be a personal preference, but I didn't like the big chunks of nuts.

I'd probably make this again. Simple, relatively quick, and tasty. (Oh, and not totally bad for you - that's a plus too.)

No comments: