Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pasta Bake With Sausage, Broccoli and Beans

Inspired by this recipe from the show "Cook Yourself Thin"



Ingredients:
1 pound rigatoni pasta
1 pound breakfast sausage
1 can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Cook the pasta according to package directions, knocking off two or three minutes from the cooking time. In the last two minutes, add the broccoli to the water as well. Drain, and put into a large bowl.

Cook the sausage in a skillet, breaking it up as it browns. Drain and add to the bowl with the pasta and broccoli. Add the beans and cheese and stir.

Put the pasta mixture into a greased baking dish. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.

Comments:
I caught parts of this while I was reading on the couch earlier this week. I didn't bother to go and look up the actual recipe until after I made this, but I knew I had broccoli to use up, I had thawed sausage for a dish I didn't end up making, and pasta and cheese are always welcome on my plate. I think I needed some more liquid, but overall it was good. I might browse their recipes to see if anything else catches my eye. I saw a different episode where they made cupcakes using grated zucchini instead of butter. Interesting...

No comments: