Friday, July 31, 2009

Chicken & Spaghetti Di Napoli

From what looks like one of those recipe cards you pick up in the grocery store - possibly from Creamette?



Ingredients:
6 strips bacon
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 medium carrot, thinly sliced (I omitted)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 26 oz jar pasta sauce
1 lb spaghetti, uncooked
2 tbsp softened butter or margarine

Directions:
In a medium skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove. Crumble and set aside. In the same skillet, brown chicken in 2 tbsp drippings. Remove. Cook carrot and garlic until tender. Add pasta sauce and chicken. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain. Add butter, toss to coat. Slice chicken. Serve over spaghetti with sauce. Garnish with bacon.

Comments:
I just wasn't feeling very "carrot-y" yesterday but that's the only change I made. That and leaving out the butter. Not necessary... I might make this again sometime with my homemade sauce. This time I used Prego...

No comments: