Sunday, June 21, 2009

Restaurant Review: Menasha Grill

Menasha Grill, Menasha, WI

What we ordered:
Adam:
Popcorn Crawfish with Cajun tartar sauce
Crab Cakes with Jambalaya and Maque Choux
Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce

Martha:
Honey Mustard Cruster
Garlic Mashed Potatoes

We both had their bread, salad, and soup which is standard with all dinners.

Impressions:
Honestly, I'm surprised we hadn't gone here sooner. I see their commercials on TV all the time and I knew it would be right up Adam's alley. I looked at the menu beforehand and while there are only two or three things on it I'd be ok eating, Adam pretty much looked at it, died, and went to heaven. With every bite he sighed with pleasure.

The salad was mixed greens with a great raspberry vinaigrette dressing. The soup was chicken sausage gumbo. Not overly spicy, but it did leave a burn in the back of your throat. As far as I can tell, everything Adam had was spectacular. My chicken was very good and the potatoes were very garlicky. I'm talking chunks of garlic in them. While not as strong as the Outback Steakhouse variety, I'm not sure I'd get them again. But that's a matter of preference.

All in all, a great place. Interesting decor, wonderful server, food that you don't ususally find in this area.

No comments: