Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ground Turkey Nachos

From The Biggest Loser Cookbook



Ingredients:
1 ounce tortilla chips
3 ounces ground turkey
2 tbsp refried beans
1 tbsp nacho cheese sauce
2 tbsp salsa
1 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp minced chives (left out)

Directions:
Arrange the chips in shallow bowl.

Set a small skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the turkey, breaking into chunks with a wooden spoon until no longer pink. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the beans.

Meanwhile, spoon the cheese sauce into a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on low power in 15-second intervals until it is warm.

Spoon the turkey mixture evenly over the reserved chips. Drizzle on the cheese sauce. Spoon on the salsa and sour cream. Sprinkle with chives.

Comments:
I've made this a couple times. I'm an unconventional nacho eater in that I don't like all this crap all over the chips. I like to dip clean chips into the pile o' crap. I also don't like nacho cheese. So the picture is obviously my dish. Adam's looked more like the recipe describes. All in all, a good recipe.

No comments: