Sunday, December 12, 2010

Slow Cooker Chicken Continental

From allrecipes.com



Ingredients:
2 (8 ounce) jars dried beef
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup sour cream
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup all-purpose flour

Directions:
Lightly grease slow cooker, and line with dried beef. Place 2 to 3 chicken breasts in the slow cooker. In a mixing bowl, stir together sour cream, soup, and flour; pour 1/2 of mixture over chicken. Layer with the dried beef and chicken breasts, and pour in the remaining sour cream mixture. Top with the remaining dried beef.

Cook in slow cooker on LOW for 8 hours, or on HIGH for 4 hours.

Comments:
I took the advice of some of the comments on the allrecipes site and used roast beef instead of dried beef. I also used cream of chicken since I don't like mushrooms. I think it turned out ok, but I don't know if I'd make it again. Didn't really wow me.

No comments: