Monday, December 27, 2010

Apricot-Glazed Turkey Breast

From Taste of Home



Ingredients:
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Dash salt
1 bone-in turkey breast (5 pounds)

Directions:
Combine the preserves, vinegar, pepper and salt. Place turkey breast on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan.

Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes with apricot mixture. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.

Comments:
My breast took about 2 hours and 20 minutes to get to 170. It always seems to take longer than the recipe tells me, no matter how much extra time I allot for it. Gah. Adam really liked the glaze. I don't eat the skin and it didn't really get into the meat that I noticed. Maybe I'll use this same glaze on some boneless, skinless chicken and see what happens.

No comments: