Friday, March 12, 2010

Beer-Cooked Chicken

From allrecipes.com



Ingredients:
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. To Marinate: Pour 1/2 of the beer into a nonporous glass dish or bowl. Add chicken breasts, toss to coat, cover dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.

2. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute for 5 to 10 minutes or until cooked; remove from skillet and reserve, keeping warm.

3. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium high heat and add chicken. Saute 5 to 6 minutes each side or until cooked through and juices run clear. Reduce heat to low, pour remaining beer over chicken and add reserved mushrooms. Cover skillet and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.

Comments:
I screwed this one up a little. I didn't read the whole recipe and so I dumped the beer "marinade" before I realized I was suppose to add it to the pan later on. Whoops! I just threw in some chicken stock instead. It seemed to turn out alright. I'm sure it didn't give the dish the same flavor, but it worked. Just my luck that I'd used our last bottle of beer to marinate the chicken. *sigh*

No comments: