Sunday, February 21, 2010

Picante Chicken

From The Biggest Loser Cookbook



Ingredients:
1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup mild picante sauce
4 medium (4-oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 tbsp light cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350. Spread 1/3 cup of the picante sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish. Set aside.

Lay chicken breasts on a cutting board. Use the flat side of a meat mallet to pound the chicken breasts to a uniform thickness.

Spread the chicken evenly with the cream cheese. Lay the chicken, cream cheese side up, in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Spoon the remaining 1/2 cup picante sauce evenly over the breasts. Cover the dish with foil.

Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the breasts. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until no longer pink.

Comments:
I apparently forgot to get cheddar cheese this week and on Thursday night I was so tired I didn't even feel like running to the grocery store across the street from our house to go get some. So I just left it off. I didn't eat this since I was feeling not so great and cream cheese has a tendency to make me feel even worse. Adam seemed to like it though. Probably would have been better with the cheddar though. :)

No comments: