Sunday, February 14, 2010

Better Blueberry Pancakes

From The Biggest Loser Cookbook



Ingredients:
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup whole-grain oat flour (I used whole wheat)
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Directions:
In a bowl, combine the buttermilk, flour, egg, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Whisk just until blended. Sitr in the blueberries. Let stand for 10 minutes.

Cook on griddle in 1/8 cup dollops. Makes two 4-pancake servings.

Comments:
I left the blueberries out of the batter (I don't like them) and just put them on top of Adam's stack. For being whole-wheat and small, these were very good. They look tiny, but they'll fill you up. I modified the recipe directions a little. They wanted you to cook these in a skillet, which seemed kind of stupid to me. Sometimes it's like this cookbook was written for people who don't know anything about cooking...

No comments: