Sunday, September 27, 2009

Honey-Mustard Chicken Nuggets



Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup bread crumbs

Directions:
In one of three shallow dishes put the flour. In the second beat the eggs with the honey and mustard. In the third put the breadcrumbs. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Dip first in the flour, then the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs, shaking off the excess. Place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. You might want to spray the foil with non-stick spray for easier removal after baking. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.

Comments:
I was originally going to make Honey Nut Chicken Sticks but when I noticed I didn't have any appropriately flavored cereal I ditched that idea and improvised. This is what I came up with. Worked quite well, I'd say. Better than this version, anyway. :)

No comments: