Monday, May 25, 2009

Walnut Banana Bread

From Taste of Home



Ingredients:
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
1 tablespoon milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and milk. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.

Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.

Comments:
So, last week bananas were on sale but they were all very green. Adam got some anyway, but according to him "they ripened weird." He was going to toss them but I suggested perhaps they could be used to make banana bread. He said "go ahead."

Let me just say right now that I do not like bananas. At all. They smell gross, are mooshy. But yes, I made banana bread. That's how much I love him.

Anywho, pretty easy recipe. I doubled it since I had a lot of bananas to use up. It all worked up well, made the whole house smell like banana (yay!) and apparently tastes ok. He plans to take one loaf to work tomorrow.

No comments: