Saturday, May 02, 2009

Beef Taco Skillet

From Campbell's via an ad in Everyday with Rachael Ray



Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Condensed Tomato Soup
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup water
6 flour tortilla (6-inch), cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:
Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.

Stir the soup, salsa, water, and tortillas in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir the beef mixture. Top with the cheese.

Comments:
I discovered the jar of salsa I thought I had in the pantry was, in fact, not there, so I had to do some improvising. I added a second can of tomato soup and a little extra water and it turned out fine. Not so "taco" or spicy, but I liked it and Adam even ate the leftovers!

No comments: