Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Chicken Noodle Casserole

This is my mother's recipe, adapted to my liking.



Ingredients:
1 pound any kind of pasta (I used shells this time)
2 cans (or one family size) cream of chicken soup
2 cans (or one big one) chicken breast, drained
salt & pepper
Thyme
Marjoram
Minced onion
Worcestershire sauce
Bread crumbs
Parsley

Directions:
Cook the pasta according to the box directions. Drain. In an oven-proof bowl, mix the soup and chicken. Add seasonings to your tastes. Add noodles and stir to coat evenly. Top with bread crumbs and parsley. Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.

Comments:
Mmm, comfort food. This can be adapted to whatever you like. Tuna? Sure. Cream of mushroom? Sure. Other spices or herbs? Go for it. This is just what I've determined I like. Adam hates this, so when he decided to go up to Green Bay to hang out with his cousin tonight I decided it was a good night to make it. And it makes a ton of leftovers when only one person is eating it! Score!

No comments: