Friday, April 10, 2009

Brunch Panini

From Everyday with Rachael Ray



Ingredients:
8 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
8 slices country bread
16 slices prosciutto (about 8 ounces)
1/4 cup raspberry jam
4 large eggs
3 tablespoons melted butter

Directions:
1. Preheat a panini press. Divide half the cheese among 4 slices of the bread, then top with the prosciutto; spread 1 tablespoon jam on each and top with the remaining cheese. Set the remaining bread slices in place.

2. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with the butter. Working in batches, dip both sides of each sandwich in the egg mixture and place in the panini press. Grill until the bread is crisp and golden, about 3 minutes.

Comments:
These were so easy and so good. After my experiment with proscuitto I decided I prefer bacon so I swapped that out. Other than that I left it pretty much the way it's written. I didn't burn too much cheese so it was a good night.

No comments: