Saturday, February 21, 2009

Smoked Salmon and Mascarpone Stuffed Pita Pockets

From The Everything Glycemic Index Cookbook by Nancy Maar



Ingredients:
2 whole wheat pita pockets
2 thin slices of red onion
2 thin slices of lemon, seeded
1/8 pound smoked salmon
1/8 pound mascarpone cheese, sliced
1 tsp green peppercorns, packed in brine
Black pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Using half of each ingredient, stuff the pockets with onion, lemon, salmon, cheese, and peppercorns.

2. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the pita is golden and the filling is hot.

Comments:
Yeah. So. I obviously didn't follow this recipe too well. I mean, look at the picture! I had whole wheat pita pockets. But when I went to use them they had started to grow green stuff. So I subbed a sub. Other than that I think I did ok following the recipe. I made it kind of like the ham and cheese sandwiches we like. This was for Adam (of course) and he appeared to like it.

No comments: