Friday, February 06, 2009

Chicken Scallops Stuffed with Spinach and Cheese

From The Everything Glycemic Index Cookbook by Nancy Maar



Ingredients:
2 1/4-lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
2 tbsp flour
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup spinach souffle
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup olive oil
Lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken broth

Directions:
Sprinkle the pounded chicken with flour, salt and pepper on both sides. Mix the spinach, cheese, nutmeg, salt & pepper. Spread the filling on the chicken breasts. Roll them and secure with a toothpick. Saute the chicken in olive oil until lightly browned. Add the lemon and chicken broth. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.

Comments:
Spinach souffle? What the heck is that? I admit, I didn't even look for it. I had baby spinach in the fridge from the taco salad anyway and I also had some leftover spinach-artichoke dip. I figured between the two of those items I could fake it. I made Adam's with the spinach and ricotta cheese. Mine was filled with the spinach-artichoke dip. They both turned out well and Adam's main comment was the ricotta seemed to melt right out of the chicken. That might have been my shoddy rolling job though. Picture is of mine - stuffed with the dip.

No comments: