Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday Baked Ham

From Taste of Home



Ingredients:
1 fully cooked smoked half ham (6 to 7 pounds)
1 tablespoon whole cloves
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard

Directions:
Place ham with fat side up in a shallow roasting pan. Score fat in a diamond pattern; insert cloves into cuts. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes. In a small saucepan, combine the preserves, butter and mustard; heat through. Spoon over the ham. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Remove cloves before slicing ham.

Comments:
This is what I made for our Christmas dinner, actually eaten Christmas Eve.



I left out the cloves because they're gross. I'm not a ham person, but the glaze was pretty good. Once I got rid of all that fat there. Yuck. I filled up mostly on vegetables. I'd try this one again though. It actually was done in the time they prescribed, unlike most pork recipes that seem to take twice as long to reach the right temperature...

No comments: