Monday, October 12, 2009

Eastern Shore Crab Slaw

From Everyday with Rachael Ray



Ingredients:
1/2 pound green cabbage, finely shredded
1/2 pound red cabbage, finely shredded
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 teaspoon celery seeds
Two 6-ounce cans crabmeat, drained
2 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
Salt and pepper

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the green and red cabbage. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and celery seeds; add to the cabbage and toss well. Add the crabmeat and eggs and toss; season with salt and pepper.

Comments:
This is pretty much a brainless recipe. Especially when you cheat and use coleslaw mix in bag. And make your husband hard-boil his own eggs. I don't do hard-boiled eggs so I don't even really know how to go about it. And I hate the smell. But I took one for the team so this could be made correctly.

Adam really liked it although I think my short-cut coleslaw mix thing might have thrown the balance of meat to cabbage out of whack. Still, no complaints. Hopefully he eats the leftovers.

No comments: