Friday, October 30, 2009

Double-Bacon Gourmet Cheeseburgers

From Weber Grill Creations (the recipe came with something Adam bought - maybe the jerky stuff? I don't remember.)



Ingredients:
10 slices bacon
1 1/2 pounds ground chuck (80% lean)
1 tablespoon Weber® Grill Creations® Gourmet Burger Seasoning
4 thin slices cheese, Cheddar or Monterey jack
4 hamburger buns
4 medium slices ripe tomato
4 pieces lettuce

Directions:
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook half of the bacon at a time until crisp, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain each batch of bacon on paper towels.

2. Crumble 2 slices of bacon into a medium bowl. Mix in the ground chuck and the Weber® Grill Creations® Gourmet Burger. Shape into 4 patties, each about 3/4 inch thick.

3. Grill the patties over Direct High heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until medium, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once when the patties release easily from the grate. During the last couple minutes of grilling, put a slice of cheese on each patty to melt. Also toast the hamburger buns, cut side down, over Direct High heat. Assemble the burgers on buns with the tomato, lettuce, and the remaining bacon slices.

Comments:
I cooked these inside in a skillet. Made some smoke, but not too bad. I had problems with my bun to burger proportions again - this time I made the burgers super thick so they were kind of hard to eat. Someday I'll get it right! Anywho... I couldn't find the Weber seasonings at either of the grocery stores I looked at but luckily they'd included a sample size with the recipe cards so it was all good. I might still keep an eye out for it...

No comments: