Sunday, October 26, 2008

Grilled Turkey Sandwiches

From Taste of Home's Cooking for 2



Ingredients:
4 slices white bread
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/3 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
4 slices tomato
2 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
1 tablespoon butter, softened (I used Brummel & Brown. Yum!)

Directions:
Spread two slices of bread with mayonnaise. Layer with turkey, tomato and cheese; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter. On a hot griddle, grill sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.

Comments:
A very simple meal for sure. I used our panini press rather than a griddle but it didn't brown up like I expected. I think I had the temperature setting too low. In any case, they tasted just fine. This will be made again at some point for sure.

No comments: