Sunday, October 26, 2008

Golden Chicken with Rice

From Taste of Home's Simple & Delicious (don't see it on the website)



Ingredients:
1 package (6 oz) long grain and wild rice mix
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of celery soup
1-1/2 cups water
4 chicken leg quarters (I used breasts)
1 envelope onion soup mix

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the rice, contents of seasoning packet, cream soups, and water. Spread into a greased 13x9x2 baking dish. Top with chicken; sprinkle with onion soup mix.

Cover and bake at 350º for 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180º and rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.

Comments:
The combination of the rice's seasoning packet and the onion soup mix gives this an extra kick. Overall the flavor is good. I don't know that I'd try this again though as I prefer my way better and Adam wasn't overly excited about either one.

No comments: