Sunday, February 05, 2012

Portobello Mushroom Pizza Cups

From Taste of Home



Ingredients:
4 large portobello mushrooms (3 inches)
4 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
12 slices pepperoni, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend

Directions:
Remove and discard stems and gills from mushrooms; brush caps with oil. Place rounded sides down on an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the pizza sauce, pepperoni, green pepper and 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning; spoon onto mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining Italian seasoning. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is bubbly.

Comments:
I left out the pepperoni and green peppers so it probably deserved the "this is boring" verdict given by Adam. I'm not a mushroom fan, but I've decided I should try and branch out a little. (But I do draw the line with fish. I just can't do salmon. Sorry.) These were ok - got really liquidy when they cooled a little. Good concept, I think the problem was with the execution.

No comments: