Saturday, March 19, 2011

Broccoli Cheese Bake

From Taste of Home



Ingredients:
1-3/4 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
Dash pepper
2/3 cup fat-free milk
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Place 1 in. of water and broccoli in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in onion and cheddar cheese until cheese is melted. Drain broccoli; stir into cheese sauce.

Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

Comments:
I swear I made this before but I can't find it here on my blog. Anyway, I tend to cook the heck out of broccoli but I think I did ok with this stuff. Not spectacular, but ok. I think I'd stick with plain broccoli next time though.

No comments: