Sunday, August 30, 2009

Better Than Sex Cake

From one of my co-workers. It's a lot like this recipe.



Ingredients:
1 box German chocolate cake mix
1 (12 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12.25 oz) jar caramel topping
1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
4 (2.1oz) Heath bars, coarsely chopped

Directions:
1. Bake cake in a 13 x 9 pan as directed. Cool cake for 5 minutes. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke several holes in cake.

2. Drizzle milk evenly over top of cake; let stand until milk has been absorbed into cake. Drizzle with caramel topping. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cover and cool completely.

3. Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Sprinkle with toffee chips. Store covered in refrigerator.

Comments:
One of the ladies at work brought this in last week. I don't particularly like caramel or toffee so I took home a piece for Adam instead. He LOVED it and insisted I get the recipe and make it immediately. So I did. The one thing he said was the wooden spoon makes holes that are too big. Maybe next time I'll use a fork instead. Other than that, a success.

No comments: