Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

This was the first Thanksgiving in our new house and the first time I attempted a turkey. In previous years I pawned that off on someone else or I did cornish hens instead.

Our Thanksgiving Day menu:

* Roasted Turkey – pretty basic, not stuffed. I’m of the Alton Brown camp – “Stuffing is evil.”
* Smashed Potatoes & Gravy – pretty basic here too. Red potatoes with sour cream, milk, butter, smooshed with the masher. I cheated and using a gravy mix packet.
* Roasted Butternut Squash – as requested by Adam.
* Roasted Squash Medley – yellow squash and zucchini in this one. I kept them separate since Adam wasn’t too interested in this one.
* Stuffing – Totally cheated here and used Stove Top. It’s just so yummy…and easy.
* Rolls – Yay for Pillsbury oven rolls. And yay for carbs!
* Chocolate Angel Food Cake – I’m not a fan of pies and while I could have picked one up free from Festival thanks to my employer, I didn't. And I didn't make one either. We all know what happened last time. Angel Food Cake I could do. And I figured it'd be even better if I tossed some cocoa powder into the mix. I served it with ice cream and caramel/chocolate sauce.

Everything went well and tasted good. And as far as I know no one got food poisoning. Yet.





No comments: